• In the Spotlight:

Has anyone you know looked at you like you had three heads?

A while back there was a controversy about a college football player (Tim Tibo..sp?) wearing John 3:16 painted on his face while playing football on TV. Many did not like it. We had company over for this particular game and when the company was discussing this issue they (of various denominations) asked me...what does John 3:16 say anyway. This was one of the first scriptures that I learned as a girl, so I rattled it off the top of my head with ease. At that moment many of them looked at me as if I had three heads for actually knowing this scripture by heart. This does not bother me, as I am only concerned with God's opinion of me and not that of mere mortals, but it left me to wonder...Has something like this ever happened to you? Especially in an instance where they were asking you for information, but they looked at you like you were crazy for responding?

lucindamartinez

Asked by lucindamartinez at 10:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I get those looks mostly when asked how many children I have. I tell them that I have three children... two are living. Most ALL the time they take a step or two backward and just nod. Like they can "catch" it or something...Whatever... I have learn over the years that people just don't know how to treat me once they learn that I have a child that has gone on to be with the Father... Oh I get them when I say that too.... I'm good though...
    bfm11107

Answer by bfm11107 at 5:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• And if it did happen to you....how did you handle it? I just smiled and told them that I love God with all of my heart and went back to what I was doing. Besides, I was cooking snacks and I was fairly certain that they would leave me unharmed. : )
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 10:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Oh yea all the time. But my answers are usually oposite of yours lol. One lady asked me, well told me, that only Christians go to heaven, and I told her that I wasn't raised to believe that GOD is a biggot, that I knew a lot of Non-Christians who do MORE of Gods work than the Christains I knew lol. She looked at me like I was the devil, it was great
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• wow... reading that, it began scrolling through my mind "for go so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son...." and i kind of had to laugh. i think thats probably THE first verse most of us were taught as kids!
    yes, i get those looks a lot, mostly from my family, mainly because i still CAN quote with the best of 'em, even though i do not share their beliefs. they find it disturbing? i don't know.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:48 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It happens to me all the time!  Welcome to the world of ADHD lol.  I usually respond by laughing because if what I said wasn't funny then the look on the other person's face is. 

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• BTW I'm not just talking about religion.  Nothing is off limits in my unpredictable thought patterns.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 10:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• all the time lol
    necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• "It happens to me all the time! Welcome to the world of ADHD lol. "

Omg, I was going to say almost the exact same thing! I get those looks all the time OP, but usually not for anything religion or Bible related. I just get them because I rattle off useless information. I guess maybe once of twice I've probably rattled off some Bible stuff.

anime_mom619

Answer by anime_mom619 at 11:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yup I have ADHD moments too, although I like to referre to them as "shiney" moments lol
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:15 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

________________________

ME TOO, haha, earned me the nickname at our Renaissance Festival of Raven because of it too.
    Princessofscots

Answer by Princessofscots at 11:31 AM on Oct. 26, 2009