Can your SO Cook?

Mine can only make frozen premade food. Seriously cant even put meat on the grill. His mom loves to cook and has always had his food prepared for him. We have been dating a few months and I think it is time he learn a few things in the kitchen lol. Do you and your DH trade off nights of cooking...

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 10:58 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• No I do all the cooking, but there have been a few times where he has cooked...nothing fancy, but he cooked and I did not have to! He is really good at taking me out to dinner!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 11:00 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Oh my hubby is the most amazing cook. He loves to do it. I do most of the cooking because I'm not working at the moment and i'm not a bad cook at all, but no where NEAR as good as hubby
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:01 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes! He's actually a better cook than I am. He does most of the cooking for which I am very grateful.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• He cooks WAY better than me.

He cooks everything...he doesdnt even like it when I try :( LOL
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• He cooks way better, i never cook, he doesnt even like me to cook, and when I do its never really good
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 11:06 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• can he cook? yes. does he cook? no! lol. if i don't make him food, he will starve himself trying to prove a point or something. i don't understand him. but i'll let him starve. :) the only time he cooks is when he grills which is very rarely.
    summerdaile

Answer by summerdaile at 11:08 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• my hub can cook. i wish he cook more... if he could only plan ahead for g-store trips. But he will get in the kitchen and whips something up exp if i do not feel like cooking. I love it when he does that. I shall try it more often. :) buy a cookbook for the grill or something... that might motivate him He may just need alittle push. and give him good encouragement after so he will keep wanting to even if it taste like pooh :D
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• he is learning to cook- so far, i have been impressed!!! if he doesn't know, he just whips out the trusty i phone and googles it! lmao (i hate that darn thing)

i think he is afraid to come into the kitchen when i'm cooking (i kind of "claim my space" while i'm in there) even though i really want him to. we're learning it though- he does a lot of prep for me when he is home, which isn't often. it was one of his goals to learn to cook by the time he was 40 lol
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 11:22 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• He used to make grilled cheeses but used so much butter. Tasted great though! He makes a great steak but its like he is a grillin fool for about a month, ya know, in spurts.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 11:43 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My SO can cook... He usually only cooks pre-made frozen foods, but does grill quite a bit... I do most of the cooking, but that's because I enjoy it (and because he insists mine is better lol)...
    momma_marian

Answer by momma_marian at 11:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009