If everyone died today??

So if there were an extinction level event, that wiped out the whole of the human population all at once, would the gates of heaven/hell then be flooded. Would you then have to stand in this extremely long line just waiting to get in?

And if you believe in reincarnation, and the earth were destroyed, what would happen to all the souls then? Would they move on to inhabit beings of another planet? What if those beings are radically different? Would our souls fit in their bodies? And what would happen to the souls that are already there?

my2.5boys

Asked by my2.5boys at 11:30 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe in reincarnation.. but not in the sense of having a soul that reincarnates.. but in the sense of our natural energies recycling. (if you need further explanation on the differences, feel free to pm me). So if our human race was suddenly destroyed.. it would depend on how we were destroyed.. example: human killing disease, that spread within a few days across our planet.. our energies would just recycle back into the earth... But say the planet was destroyed.. our energy would disperse throughout space..

If we were killed off on our planet, rather than our planet being destroyed, I imagine there would but a pretty big build up of natural energy. Some that may leave impressions. Others that would just carry through.. if our planet were destroyed.. there is a whole lot of space out there for our energy to expand into.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 9:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't believe in heaven or hell....I do however believe that we are all energy(which we are) and that energy gets transferred to the universe. If the earth were destroyed, our energy would become part of what destroyed it, and the rest of the universe and the stars and universes out there yet to be discovered.
    I guess our energy could possibly become the energy of another race....maybe even a new race resulting from the destruction of the earth.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 11:36 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I dont believe in heaven/hell but do believe in reincarnation.

Since I see our souls/spirits more as energy I imagine we could do good by helping create planets or whatnot if there were no free "bodies" anywhere in the universe.

Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:55 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• This is a little make your head spin abstract thinking.

But I agree with Einstine that time is an illusion...or rather a tool that humans made up to make sense of what's going on around us. It's all based on the movement of the earth...and if there was no earth or connection to life on earth, would time mean anything?

All in all, I'm not worried about waiting lines, or big crowding around our afterlife, because I don't think time will exist for us in the way we understand it now.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• mogancreative kind of goes with what I think. God is timeless and spaceless. It will be a dimension unlike the one our human bodies are limited too
    Kattykitten

Answer by Kattykitten at 2:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• sense i dont believe in any kind of after life, people would just be dead and gone lol

necro1134

Answer by necro1134 at 4:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I can answer the reincarnation stuff: We would go to the other side if this planet implodes and it will eventually. The other side is I guess paradise, if you will. From there we can choose to incarnate on other planets and our souls will enter the body of the beings wherever we choose to go and yes, it will fit. If we're radically different we're prepared for this in a training ground on the other side so we can adapt, it will come naturally to us. Like when we were on Atlantis or Lemuria or Andromeda. We're different every time we start a new life, it's preplanned.
    Anonymous

• not sure, and actually, for me, it wouldn't matter. as per my belief, i'd be in the correct lane..for once. (not like most grocery store lines where somebody ahead of you is having an 'issue' of sorts. LOL)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 6:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• And if you believe in reincarnation, and the earth were destroyed, what would happen to all the souls then?
    They would return to the One.

Would they move on to inhabit beings of another planet?
    No, I don't think so. But possibly.

What if those beings are radically different? Would our souls fit in their bodies?
    IF that happened and our souls moved on to a different world then yes our souls would fit in their bodies. I believe this because i believe that people are reincarnated not just back into people, but all other living things here on earth. A soul can fit in the tallest, widest tree and then die and come back inside the smallest of ants.

And what would happen to the souls that are already there?
    They would continue to be there. Maybe there would be a longer wait for reincarnation as the number of "bodies" would be somewhat limited.

Good questions. But, of course, no one really knows the answers.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 6:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I think that they would all join the godforce/white light thus returning to their real home and their real state of being. But having had a past life as an alien, myself, I am okay with reincarnating on a more highly developed planet than this one.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 12:50 PM on Oct. 27, 2009