Beer ads on Cafe Mom

Do you think it is appropriate for CafeMom to have beer adds on here? I just saw a Sparks ad up top. I thought it was kinda odd because there are usually toy and diaper ads there. Should they keep the ads geared toward mom and baby stuff (like cleaning products, food, games ect). Also keep in mind that there are minors on here (teen moms). Should ads be PG13 because of that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in About CafeMom

• Hi,

We're sorry to hear that you are having trouble with ads.

Can you click on the link labeled "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page on CafeMom and send us a note from there? That will enable us to look further into the issue. For this specific issue, please send us a screen shot of the ad you are seeing and include what page you were on when you saw it.

Here's how to take a screenshot:

Go to the page where you're having the problem.
    Press the 'Print Screen' button on your keyboard.
    Open an image program on your computer (like Microsoft Paint).
    Paste the screenshot you just took by holding the 'Ctrl' button and pressing 'V' on your keyboard (or, go to the 'Edit' menu and click 'Paste').
    Save the screenshot you just created as a JPG, GIF, or PNG.

On CafeMom, click the 'Add a photo' button and insert the screenshot in your message.

-> The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 11:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Shame on CM!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• yes, I agree it's inappropriate. I choose a life of sobriety 4 months before I found out I was a month pregnant and have stayed sober. (My dd is 7 mo and is bf) I'd rather not be teased with such adds when I though I was in a "safe" from people places n things place like cafe mom. Save the beer add pop -ups for the football websites.
    Anonymous

• I don't think so. We are adults here and some people like to drink on occasion. If you are an alcoholic, YOU are the one who chooses to drink or not. An add on any site isn't going to make you do so.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:42 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't see a problem with it! I enjoy a beer or a glass of wine every now and then!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Money is money. You want this site free? They take advertising. Period.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:50 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I think that is such a stupid question and you should be ashamed for even thinking like such a dumb ass! How is beer ads going to make a difference on this site?
    Teens will find access to beer and drugs whether there are ads on CM or not. I don't see it any different than ads on TV and Radio.
    As for the acoholics, screw them, they are the ones with the inability to say no to alcohol. Why should CM cater to their needs just because they are weak?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:52 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• No because I like to get my drink on.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would rather see a beer ad than an ad for toxic waste like hamburger helper

Answer by rkoloms at 11:59 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't see a problem. cafemomers like to have fun too!!! lol
    Tashwitz

Answer by Tashwitz at 12:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009