Can you donate plasma while BF?

I am 6 months pp and have a very good milk supply.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• Yep! I didn't donate plasma (takes longer) but I did donate blood. I didn't notice a problem with my milk supply at all. If you've ever had trouble with milk supply, though, you might want to wait until baby is taking solids, just in case your supply does drop for a couple days.

Drink lots of water!

Also, sometimes your cholesterol can be high while you're breastfeeding, so don't freak out when you get that information in the mail (they always do a CBC and cholesterol check here for free when you donate blood).

Good luck!
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 11:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Breastfeeding is not one of the things that can rule you out. There are a lot of things that can.

http://www.bloodbook.com/donr-requir.html
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:47 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Hm, well that's good to know. I have a plasma center thing here and could use the extra cash after I have my baby. :) I'm breastfeeding... didn't think I would be allowed to do it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2009