What is your goal for cooking?

My SO's family only cooks for taste. Doesn't matter how much it costs or how fattening it is...its just for taste. I plan meals around cost and using what I already have. I want it to be healthy (atleast not awful for you) and taste good. Kinda wierd to me that SO's mom only cooks for taste...what are trying to accomplish with a meal for your family?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 11:37 AM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm guessing older generations do that. The meat and potato types. I have to assume they are fat?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I just try to make it edible! lol I hate to cook but we don't over do the fats
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 11:41 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• affordable... somethings I try to make healthy.... but some special recipies I go all out (whole milk and all.... lol) it all depends
    marchma2b

Answer by marchma2b at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I make only healthy and nutritious meals. They are delicious and taste better than any unhealthy meal. I cook with whole ingredients and know how to use spices. Fat and salt are not necessary to make foods good. I cannot eat my mils cooking or eat out just anywhere they usually over salt the food. There are two fine dining restaurants with real chefs and the food is delicious they pride themselves on nutrition and taste.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:45 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I only know how to cook about 5 things and they are the basic, meat, vegtable and potatoes meals... some of the others would probably be considered unhealthy :)
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 11:49 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It has to be affordable, nutritious, something we haven't had recently, something my son will eat, and something I have or can get.
    Gailll

Answer by Gailll at 11:53 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Healthy, budget friendly, tasty. All are equally important.

Answer by rkoloms at 11:57 AM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I want it to taste good, but also somewhat healthy. I also like different things and try not to make repeat meals two weeks in a row. The only thing that we eat just about every week is spaghetti! We stock up on meat when its on sale, so it usually has to be something I have on hand!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• healthy and tastes good. i will pay a little extra to get better quality.
    jcsmummy

Answer by jcsmummy at 12:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We aim for health and taste, but if we end up with a meal that is not 100% healthy (e.g., McD's) then we buy some fresh fruit for dessert or a snack to try to balance it out.

I know that as the years have gone by a lot of people's perceptions of taste have changed. For instance, I can't stand whole milk or fried foods. I don't even like the smell of foods being fried. I think it's awesome that we can raise our children in a healthier way without them thinking that they are missing a whole lot, unless they visit a friend or relative who eats junk food all the time which a lot of kids find yummy.
    Fortunately, my children don't consider a dinner meal complete unless it has at least one vegetable.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009