Why are some people so rude?

I know there is no answer to this, but my co-worker is so rude! He offers me something to eat or drink, which is nice, but when I politely decline he gets rude. He asked if I wanted Doritos this morning and I said "no thanks." He goes "fine the, I guess my Doritos aren't good enough for ya!" and then just now he said "you want a 7-up" and I said, "no thanks, I have a mountain dew" and he says in a mocking voive "no thanks, I have a mountain dew." I know he is just playing but it is rude! Do some people NOT realize how rude they are being?

Asked by seakla at 1:58 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Relationships

• Sounds like he has a crush on you or something... he's acting like a 12-year-old. If you're friends with him, tell him it's nice of him to offer you stuff, but to stop being a jerk when you decline. If he keeps it up, tell him to shove his Doritos up his @$$! :)

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:33 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I hope its not a crush, he's married and I'm married. He sort of acts that way to everyone, I think its just his way of trying to be funny. Thanks for answering! :-)

Answer by seakla at 2:39 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Nope some people dont know how rude they come across and some people do and just dont me it sounds like your co-worker is trying to hit on you then make you feel bad for every little rejection you give to his offerings of food and drink. How very caveman mentality of him. TALK to him and tell him how his snide comments make you feel, or dont talk to him about it and expect the comments to keep on coming!

Answer by vbruno at 3:50 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• sounds like he has a dry sense of humor

Answer by dannersmell at 4:22 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Tell him you're on a diet.

• May be you just take it next time.

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:16 AM on Jul. 5, 2008