How much does a teacher's aide make on average?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• It depends on the district and what state you live in. In my area, a teacher's aid (we call them parapro's) make about $11 with an associate degree and about $10 without. If they don't have an associate degree then they have to take a parapro test. Keep in mind though that a lot of schools are in a hiring freeze right now, and in my area, most teacher aide jobs are being filled with certified teachers who have just graduated but couldn't find a teaching job due to budget cuts.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 12:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• rkoloms

Answer by rkoloms at 12:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Depends on your state and district. Here in NC they make just under $20K I think. Last time I looked was a few years ago and it was 17K/year then.

Answer by missanc at 1:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My mom is a teacher's aid in Montana. I think she makes about $9 an hour.
    Anonymous

• Wow...why get a degree to earn that little money!? Get a govt job and push a broom for $20 an hour!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2009