Apartment Inspection, What extra cleaning do you do?

If you live in an apartment what special things do you do when they inspect?Do you know what they are really looking for?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• clean base boards...thats really the only extra thing i have done
    DomoniqueWS

Answer by DomoniqueWS at 12:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• In a normal apartment they normally don't inspect the apartment, but i live in low income housing and we get an inspection every other month. I don't do anything special my house is usually pretty clean and with 2 small children it's hard to keep it spotless. They don't care if it's spotless or not they are usually just checking to make sure it's not nasty dirty and that there aren't any problems with the unit. We just got this apartment 4 months ago and have only had 1 inspection. We lived in our old apartment for 3 years and the only time they entered out apartment was to spray for bugs once a month and if they had to fix anything othen than that they would not come in.
    jnsdrf

Answer by jnsdrf at 12:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• They are mostly looking to see if there are bugs or rodents, and for fire safety. If you have children they are at least observing whether it looks like they are being taken care of appropriately. We lived in apartments for low income a long time ago. I just amde sure the stove and the grease fliter thing on the vent were cleaned good once a month.
    Anonymous

• I clean it nicely, I know it wont be perfect cuz its usually never perfect when I move in.

I just make sure things are cleaned off, dusted(including baseboards/window sills)and no bugs or junk are around.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I live in an apt, but have never had an observation. Not sure, but I don't think they can just come in there whenever they feel like it, without any REAL reasons. The only times they have ever been in my place is when I have reported a problem, such as ants, or broken ac, stuff like that.

Where do you live that they do these inspections? I have never heard of anything like this!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 8:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Low income housing. They inspect at least every 3-4 months.
    Anonymous