What did you buy your kids on their first Christmas?

What are you getting them this year? How many gifts each? How much do you spend?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Not much, we were dirt poor. My son's first christmas was spent going through radiation. He got a ton of stuff but it was from the grandparents. We got our daughter a couple of things her first Christmas, but she was more interested in the boxes and ribbons
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:18 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• my son will only be about one to two months old by then so his first christmas is going to consist of a stroller that he didnt receive from his mi mi and a few toys nothing out of the way tremendously but at least its something to say we got him for his first christmas!!!
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:20 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I agree with Zaks mom, we were poor around that time too. She got a light show thing for her room, some clothes, things she needed and a toy. Dolls from family members.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 12:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• our son was only 6wks on his first christmas. but we still got him some stuff.
    we filled his stocking with rattles and baby toys and such. we got him clothes, toys, and bath stuff I think as gifts. he mostly got toys and outfits for christmas from everybody else too.

this year is going to be a blast! he'll be just over 13mos, and I can't WAIT to spoil him!!! He'll be spoiled all around this year, but I'm looking foward to the excitement and fun!!

I don't really keep track of what we spend for christmas....obviously with us having just one child at the moment, he'll be pretty spoiled. :)
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 12:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• His first christmas he was only 4 months old. I got him new binks, a sippy cup, and a rattle. We didn't have presents under the tree, just stockings. This year he is getting about 5 toys from us then grandparents always go crazy so who knows what they will get. I just feel bad not having presents under the christmas tree... it just doesn't look right.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My little girl will be 6 months old. We arent getting her much. Just because she doesnt know any better, sooooo........we are getting maybe a toy, deff a 1st xmas orniment, and Prob some clothes for the winter months!
    momtopreemie521

Answer by momtopreemie521 at 12:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We had a lot of years where we couldn't buy presents for our son, maybe like 1 or 2, but luckily his grandparents made up for that and the kid had a TON of presents. By the time my daughter had her second Christmas my hub was out of the military and working at an awsome job, it really felt good to be able to buy them stuff
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Teethers and clothes. Second yr-bubble machine, clothes, dolls (in duplicate as she had to have 1 for each hand that were twins) cars (tomboy)
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 12:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• DS was 9 mos at his first christmas. We got him a pegboard with hammer, one of those bead maze things (the wires that are bent and you push the beads from one end to the other) and not much else. the family sent about half toys and half clothing as he was growing like a weed.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009