How can I get my 3 year old daughter to sleep in her own bed, all night?

My daughter has slept in her bed, on and off, since she was a newborn. She's now 3 years old and has no problem falling asleep in her own bed, yet, almost every night, she crawls into our bed. My husband and I are don't even realize she's in our bed until we wake up in the morning and she' right in between us. She will sleep in her bed all night, every once in a GREAT while. We've tried a "Sleep" Chart and she actually slept in her bed all night for a good month or so. We went on vacation in September and she has not slept more than one night in her bed. Any advice would be MUCH appreciated! :)

honeylv143

Asked by honeylv143 at 12:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• i need so much advice in this area....lol
    fefe87

Answer by fefe87 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• All I can say is, she will stop coming to your room when she is ready. My youngest is 7 and he still slips into our bed at night. I dont mind tho, he is the last. My other 2 did the same thing.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 12:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son doesn't join us in our bed, he goes and sleeps on the sofa instead. Eventually we just decided that the sofa must be that much more comfortable than his toddler bed and let it fly. Now he falls asleep on the floor in his room, and usually by about midnight he sleepwalks (or at least thats how it appears since he doesn't respond to anything, just walks out to the sofa) and curls up on the sofa. We are hoping a new twin bed will fix it, but are waiting for hubbys q3 bonus to get it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Umm...idk...we've never had a problem with that, all of our kids have always slept well in their own beds...because I enforced it from the start with all of them! No CIO either, just got them used to it from the time we came home from the hospital.
    Anonymous

• Try gradually easing her out..say, make a little bed next to your bed and have her get in that if she wants to sleep with you. Once she gets used to sleeping alone, hopefully she won't get in bed with you every night. Who wouldn't want to curl up with warm bodies, secure and protected? Although this is more work, you can wait until she's asleep and carry her back to her bed. When she goes to sleep in her bed and wakes in it, hopefully she will get the idea. Good luck!
    char944

Answer by char944 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 27, 2009