Am I the only one

who doesn't give a rats ass what other mom's think? I don't care if you think it's tacky that I gave my kid some crackers at the grocery store before I reached the check out line. I don't care if you think a circumcised penis is better than an uncircumcised penis. I don't care if you think breast feeding in public is indecent exposure. I don't care if you don't like my decision to be a SAHM. I don't care if you think I'm wrong to vaccinate. Etc. etc. etc. It does not even phase me for a second when people make a judgement. Anyone else? Because it seems like alot of women on here get offending really easily.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• then why do you care to post this? obviously you do care on a certain level.
    Anonymous

• I love hearing about how other people raise their children. It's very very unlikely that I will change my ways, since they are working for me, but I always love to learn something new. Some people do seem to get offended easily. I am not one of them.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It's not necessarily if I care or not. If they have suggestions that will help in a situation, I'm listening. One day I was shopping in Walmart with a friend, 2.5 year old and a 4.5 year old. My youngest was sitting in the cart and screaming because she wanted to go to the bathroom. What people didn't know I just took her. Her real objective was she wanted to play in the water and wash her hands over and over again. I ignored her, two older women walked by and made a comment. "Why don't you just take her to the bathroom". I didn't hear the comment but my friend did and told me about it. I went to the ladies and asked them, "Do you think you can do a better job than I. I would love for you to give it a try and let me know how it goes for you." It was too late to leave because my cart had items. And I would never get anywhere if I left everytime she did this.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 12:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You must've just had a bad experience. I'm certain you love to receive helpful information. Regardless, we all do get upset when judging comments are made. I'm sorry you had a bad situation. Smile, we're going to have lots and lots of them.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 1:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Nope, dont really care. Im not easily offended so people can rant all they want it doesnt phase anything I do in my home with my children and spouse.

However, that doesnt mean Im not gonna give opinions when asked or answer questions that seem like they will come out judgmental. If someone asks a question and I have an answer then I do so otherwise I wouldnt come to this section.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• The whole internet is one giant judgemental pit. If you keep that in mind you will be ok. Take the constructive criticism and just skip over the crazy ones.

3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 1:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't say I get offended. I do get defensive if someone flat out says that I am doing it wrong because obviously it is working for me. There are a handful of moms out there that when I see their name in a question or response I tend to just skip it and move on because I have found that they have nothing to add to a post and are just going to make me feel defensive. I have learned after a few weeks here that its easiest to just move on if I start to feel that way. And when I ask a question, if I get a bunch of people telling me that something is a bad idea, I rethink, if I decide I want to do something anyway, I do it, using the good advice I have gotten.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• this site is to get advice from other mothers. Some people do not know how to keep thier negative words to themselves. Everyone has thier own values & beliefs. The best of us will avoid beig bias & move on to another question that suits them better. I suppose the people who post rude comments annonamously are just raised in the way that it is okay to discriminate. To each thier own. For me, I will be the better person & keep my mouth shut until I got something useful to say.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• The word is "FAZE", not phase. Phase is another word for a step in a series or part of a whole.
    "FAZE". But I bet you don't give a rat's ass. LOLOLOL.
    Anonymous

• When I became a mom, I used to care about what others said about me. That was 22 years ago, but since having my son 11 years ago, and having him dx'd with autism, I've learned that some parents just don't get it when it comes to your kids. We get alot of strange comments and questions like "When will he get over the autism?' or my personal favorite, "Why is your son acting so weird?"

I just smile and walk away and think to myself, " Wouldn't you like to know? I'll bet your kids do some pretty interesting things!"
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 5:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009