ABOUT TO LOOSE MY MIND

my two yr old son keeps taking his diaper off at nap time and peeing on the bed....i dont know what to do to stop it....any suggestions

maxsmommy1018

Asked by maxsmommy1018 at 12:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I find it rediculas when some say to duct tape the diaper. I always used a onsie it worked. They all do this at some time.
    Anonymous

• if he's taking his diaper off, is is probably ready for potty training. get him to go to the potty before he lies down for the nap, you may also want to buy some disposable bed pads (you find them with the adult diaper) to put under him after he falls to sleep this will at least help keep the bed dry

northcarolinama

Answer by northcarolinama at 1:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• what about putting him back in a onsie? or zipper pj's ?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Duct tape the diaper.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 1:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• the only thing that is funny to me is that he only does it at naptime ...no other time
    i put jammies and a sleeper on him everytime he goes to bed...he just takes them off and rips the diaper off
    maxsmommy1018

Answer by maxsmommy1018 at 1:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• ive put some tape on the diaper...the blue kind that u use for painting...he rips that off too
    maxsmommy1018

Answer by maxsmommy1018 at 1:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i think duct tape is a bit extreme...the painters tape wouldnt hurt him and it comes off easily. i just hope that is phase passes qucikly
    maxsmommy1018

Answer by maxsmommy1018 at 2:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• maybe his way of rebelling against naptime? My son once took off his diaper, threw it out of the crib, and peed out onto the carpet. Yes, try the onsie and going potty before naptime! Could you use a Pull-Up diaper? Good luck!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 2:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2009