What is a good nickname other than Lynn?

I'm planning to name my next child Irelyn if its a girl. But I hate the name Lynn.. and I don't want it to end up as her nickname. What other nicknames can you think of for this name? Pregnancy brain is giving me blank stares.

kristal2146

Asked by kristal2146 at 12:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would call her Iley.
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• re?
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 12:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Irely or just Ire. But I think lynn would be the most obvious one. If I didn't want her to be called lynn I probably wouldn't name her Irelynn. But thats JMO>
    Anonymous

• why does she have to have a nickname?
    KLBrown

Answer by KLBrown at 1:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• she doesn't HAVE to have a nickname, I probably wont use one for her.. but I know other people probably will. I'm in love with the WHOLE name, just not Lynn by itself
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 1:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I suggest informing your friends and family upfront that you do not want her to have a nickname. I had to do this with a family member of mine who loved shortening everyone's name down in some way. She thought that I was being mean but in reality it was just a matter of me giving my son his name for a reason and it wasn't so that someone else could call him something different.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 1:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Just correct people when they say it...My nephew's name is Christopher and when someone would call him Chris, my sis would correct them..."his name is Christopher, not Chris" and it stuck.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Tell people her name is Irelyn and nothing else... btw, love the name!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Rella-I like that and its original. My DD's name is Nicole and I don't let anyone call her Nikki if anything her nickname is Nico or Coley.
    Fordmomma

Answer by Fordmomma at 2:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Mic---after all she is an Irish Mc
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2009