Why is it so hard to find...

Other mothers that come from affluent relationships? =(

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• Do you mean financially or relationally?
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 1:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Financially? because I assume they are out doing the things that we cannot afford to do. (my mother went a lot more places with me than I do with my son, but I spend more time with him at home playing ect than she ever did)
    Relationship wise? Because we get bashed for "Bragging" about our man if we talk about it.
    auroura

Answer by auroura at 1:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Because there aren't many.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You think that affluent moms can only associate with other affluent moms?

Answer by rkoloms at 2:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I hear you. I have friends from many walks of life but sometimes I wished we have a couple friends in the same income bracket as us. We are viewed as insensitive if we talk about our latest vacation or when we built our new home. We love to hear about our friends good news but know if my husband gets a promotion we cannot talk about it or we are bragging even though we thrown more than one party for friends after they have good news. We really don't do much with our friends they try to make us feel guilty for not being middle income or low income. When we are paying for the trip or dinner they don't seem to care as much. So it would be nice to have friends on the same income footing as us so we can be ourselves and hide part of our life.
    Anonymous

• If you mean relationship wise, there aren't many men who think they need to be adults and have a good relationship with their wife and children. If you mean financially, the economy is not so good that all of us are rich. In either case though, not everyone is jealous of a good relationship or money. But be honest, if you were not doing well in either of those cases, would you want to hear repeated stories of how someone else's husband is so wonderful? Or how someone else is building another house or buying yet one more brand new car when you can barely buy food?
    It's okay to be happy that you have such good luck but I'd have to wonder why someone would want to hang around those less fortunate and shove all that down their throats.
    Anonymous

• If you're talking about finances, because most people in America are middle income and the economy is crappy, so people who used to be well off, aren't so much anymore.

If you're talking about relationships, there are a lot of women both here and in real life, that are in great relationships.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 4:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009