Have you ever worked in a daycare?

I have a job interview today at a daycare. I have a feeling the lady is going to ask me what my wage requirements are. I have no idea what to tell her. I have worked in a daycare before and I was paid decent but that was because I was a lead teacher and the state paid me for being a Pre-K teacher. I have my associate's degree, so I am wondering what you were paid and also, how much do you think I should ask for? I have tried salary.com but that is not very accurate for my area. Thanks in advice!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• What do you think your worth? With out being Greedy, and ridiculous. Remember you get paid what your worth. :)
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Try a site like Monster.com for jobs in your area. You may get some ideas from that.
    anng.atlanta

Answer by anng.atlanta at 1:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Just give them an offer they either take it or leave it if they don't like it it is their loss.

I once worked at a daycare but I was just one of the employess down at the bottom of the list anyway I did not care too much about the 5 hour questions and test I had to take before I got hired but I understand I had to do this...I worked there for 2 yrs. but the pay was not good at all if they would have paid 10 to 12 dollars a hour then I would have stayed but I know that wasn't going to happened. I wouldn't do it again. It was nice while it lasted though.
    Anonymous

• The correct response is: What is the budgeted salary range for this position? You should do your due diligence and determine average salaries in your area. You can start here: www.salary.com

Answer by rkoloms at 1:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have but it was like 15 or so years ago and I was paid a bit above minimum. Couldnt have more than that cuz I didnt have my associates or Child Development Degree.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009