Meth?

One of my family members has been doing drugs for the last 5 years that I know of. I'm thinking probably 10 or so years. One of the drugs he has done and confessed to doing is Meth. He has gotten fired from 3 jobs b/c of not passing a pee test. They can't afford treatment, and can't afford for him to quit his job to get help in the first place. My question is has anyone faced any problems similiar to this and what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• Yes, and BTW meth is the most expensive drug on the market, if he can afford his habbit then he can afford treatment. If you go to the emergnacy room you tell them your are on drugs and want to quit and they will treat you for free. Meth is hard to over come. I started when I was a teen and it took years to get over the urge to not want it anymore. I have been clean for 2 years. If he doesnt go away for treatment he will die. There is no doubt about it. It is not something you can sit at home and try to ween yourself from it. Also when he starts going through withdrawals you and your family better stay away, he can and more then likly will hurt you. Just know there is light at the end of the tunnel, but he has to go aways to a dark place before he ever sees that light.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• He needs to get serious, and they offer counseling for free, there are options. You just have to research and contact your local DSS for options.
    Anonymous

• well i cant tell you how to solve problems when dealing with meth, its a very addicting drug! my BIL was on it at one point, he used to drive to a different town just to meet up with his druggie buddies, which would be my town at the time. he also lost his job and started pawning stuff of for the desperation of money. he got into so much trouble with the law that he had to go to court. i dont exactly remember how he got out of that loop but he might of had to go to treatment for like a couple days according to the court and thats when his own wife stepped up and took control, when his "friends" called, she would answer and yell "he's not here! stop calling!" and they did eventually. i think when his license was pulled, it also helped, no one wanted to drive him to help him get his high. so he's doing good now.

cont.....
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i remember one time he was at my house and he needed to go get his high really bad and he was getting better but that was because he was in the town he started doing them at. so its a good idea to keep a person thats addicted to that away from the main source of it.

he doesnt work for a business anymore but he does work.

GOOD LUCK
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Im with ggiovanni, He will die if he doesn't get help, it must be his choice. There is money if he needs it. The drug is expensive and ruins your entire life. If he wants help he will get it. It's nice that he has you to help him with his decision.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 1:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009