probation question please read.

My boyfriend got a year of probation for a non drug related charge. Its misdemeanor not felony. Will he have mandatory drug tests??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• That is up to his PO we honestly can not tell you.
    If it is a question then maybe he should be drug tested.
    Anonymous

• Why would a mandatory drug test be an issue? If his charges were non-drug related, maybe he shouldn't risk violating his probation by using drugs???
    Anonymous

• He doesn't do drugs. He has weed in his system from one night.
    Anonymous

• I thought he didnt do drugs...hmm...ask the PO
    bumblebeestingu

Answer by bumblebeestingu at 1:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• YES it is required that everyone on probation take em. I was on mis probation non- drug related, and I had to go take a drug test every month and you have to pay for them they are not free.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Probably, when you are on probabtion they normally randomly drug test anyway.
    Anonymous

• yes.
    naturepeace

Answer by naturepeace at 1:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My son is an officer and your question has many loop holes. If he does drugs, you need to leave and let him worry about his probation. If your both involved in drugs your questions will be more severe in time. If he doesn't do drugs, why care if he's tested? His parole officer can be a large help or he can be a large thorn. If his behavior is good and he is perceived to be a one time 'bad guy' (sorry, I couldn't think of a better word, I don't trust the system. He may be a good guy:)) and wanting to be a better citizen he could get early parole. So hopefully he will be tested and this will be a positive report. I hope I didn't confuse you. Tell him to hang in there and pay his dues to society and get this nightmare over with.
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 1:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Good point skrush... why would it matter if he did or not if he isn't doing drugs... why the concern?

I was on probation for underage drinking for almost a year or maybe it was more than a year and I never got tested for drugs... that all depends on why you got in trouble and what your PO requires.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 2:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Oh oh....I know nothing about probation ....but I DO know you need to find a different boyfriend. :-)
    Anonymous