question about probation.

My bf got a year of misdemeanor probation for a non drug related charge. Will he have mandatory drug tests? If your going to bash as anon. Get out of my question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't think so, considering there were no drug charges. But I have heard of people being drunk in public and getting put on random drug testing. But if it was something totally not related to drugs or alcohol they probably wont drug test him. But my advice is if he is on drugs he should stop just in case they do test him a couple hours of being high are not worth months or years of sitting in jail.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:36 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes he will and he has to pay for them
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• since it wasnt drug related, probably not, but it might be a standard procedure or random. has he met with his P.O yet or got any paperwork about probation? he shouldnt take any recreational drugs just to be on the safe side.
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Its possible. Than again it may just be every once and a while. Since he is on probation they can randomly drop him whenever they feel like it.
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 2:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Depends on the court ordered conditions of his probation as well as his assigned officer.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It is likely he will. If he is not doing drugs he has nothing to worry about.
    Anonymous

• most likely. probation is differnt state to state. Some people even get tested for alcohol use. It's okay to ask this of the probation officer w/o seeming suspicious. he should say to his PO "I heard that I will have to pay for my own drug testing. Can you tell me how often I will be tested and the cost so I can budget for this?" Best case is the PO will say "You won't need tests" but otherwise, he will know.
    Anonymous

• All states are different so look up the laws in your state. Here it doesn't matter the offense illegal drugs are NOT allowed while on parole and you can be randomly tested by your PO. I think alcohol might also be not allowed no matter the offense. I know my sis who is on parole for drugs is not allowed to have alcohol either.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 5:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• HE SHOULDENT BEEN DOING DRUGS ! OR U REALLY ASKING THE QUESTION FOR YOUR SELF ! DRUGS JUST KILL U FASTER !
    Anonymous