Can you get your kids to both nap at the same time?

I only can on rare occasions. Even if I know they are both tired, it seems like one takes much longer to go down than the other and then one is waking up right after the first has fallen asleep, lol! I would love to have them both sleeping so I could tidy up the house (alone!) or even attempt a nap too!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Hey Op......I know exactly what you mean. I have a dd who is in school and gone....but anyway, YES! My boys alternated naps! When my youngest was under 1 he would have 2 naps and in between his naps, my other son would nap. One sleeping and one awake constantly. Talk about exhausted and scheduling a shower was hard. Because you gotto keep your eye on that toddler. Your baby will transition into one nap around the age of 1 or pretty close to it. Hang in there!
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes, my kids all go down at the same time(I have 3).
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• When my older kids were younger they all went down at the same time.

Answer by missanc at 1:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• All three of my toddlers have always napped at the same time. Now that my son is almost 5, he usually just plays quietly in his room. The girls (2 and 3) share a room. I put my 2yo down first, let her fall asleep, and then put my 3yo in there for her nap. Works like a charm!

Still working on aligning my newborn's schedule with theirs. LOL.
    fluud7

Answer by fluud7 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Usually, the one child that isn't cooperating may need one on one time for a short time, especially if he is the older of the children. Sometimes it's nice to get special time with mommy. If this is the case he most likely will sleep after 15 to 30 minutes after his time with mom. Only you know if this is the case. I just wanted to offer a 'maybe'. If wrong ignor me please. :)
    skrush

Answer by skrush at 2:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes. My 3 yr old is an early riser. I wake up my 17 mon old in the morning so that he can go down at the same time as my 3 yr old.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• OP: Mine are 3 years and 7 months. My older child is actually the one who is easy to get to lay down, it's the baby that usually decides she's going to hold out an hour after my son has fallen asleep to finally take her nap! Sometimes she will go to sleep first, so I'll try to get him ready to nap shortly afterwards, but then it seems like as soon as we've finished our nap routine and I'm getting ready to get something accomplished I hear her waking up!
    Anonymous

• I have a home-daycare so all the children take a nap at the same time. They lay down at 12 and wake up at 2. Sometimes my 4 month old will wake up but if I have things I need to get done I can put her in her swing and she's content. It's impossible to get anything done with 5 toddlers and a 4 month old to take care of, so nap time is a HUGE necessity for me! :-)
    renea20

Answer by renea20 at 2:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes. They get "rest time" together. They don't always sleep, but I always get time to get stuff done or to relax.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• All 4 of mine had nap time together. It was like bedtime, everyone went down for naps together.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 2:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009