wtf kind of name is this?

Ive heard some awful names, but this name is just eew! Conception??? Why on earth would someone name their child that? Does the parent not know what conception means?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:38 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• haha that is funny. My sons middle nameis Skyy like Skyy vodka bc thats what he was conceieved on..
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 1:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• ummmm weird but like so is apple...it is a parents right i suppose
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have heard worse, but I actually dont think its that bad.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It is bad but not the worst I've heard of. A fellow nurse works NICU. The hospital she works at frequently has patients that are inmates at a nearby prison. We were discussing names we really didn't care for when she told me what one of the inmates named her daughter. Felony Hesitation. They attempted to talk her out of it..but that is what she named that poor child.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Thats a name Ive only heard in Hispanic families. So if someone says it without the spanish accent then Id probably give them a double take LOL.

With the spanish accent, I dont think too much about it.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 1:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I agree with Amaranth. I've heard it in Hispanic families and didn't think much of it when it's said with the accent. Does it have something to do with one of the saints?
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 1:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It's a Spanish or Portuguese name.

Girls are often called Maria (english Mary) but then they make it "Mary of ...fill in the blank..."

So it would be "Maria de Concepcion" And the because there are so many Marias people just go by the "of name."

It's normal - and entirely a religious reference to the immaculate conception, not every day normal mortal conceptions.

I agree it would be strange out of the cultural and religious context - but in it, it's totally normal.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 2:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• WTF is right! I have heard some bad ones, like Cupcake. The number one rule to naming your kid should never be to name them after food!
    canthaveboys1

Answer by canthaveboys1 at 2:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Why do people have such issues with non-American names? Should everyone have an American name?
    Anonymous

• I knew a girl named chlamydia... Really... Conception doesn't sound that bad in comparison. IMO>
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 3:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009