help please (tmi)

My daughter is 4 weeks old, and yesterday my fiance and I had sex (very stupid, I know...I know I should have waited the full 6 weeks so please don't lecture me about this). It only hurt a little bit when he went in (sorry tmi) and after it just kind of felt weird in there. I looked and realized I still have stitches, I had no clue because I didn't feel them and had no pain at all for about 3 weeks now. Well I woke up today and they feel sore and it kind of feels like they are snagging on something occasionally.

Do you think I ripped them? Will they be okay or should I go to the doc? Is there anything I can do to help my stitches dissolve faster? I feel like it's not normal that the stitches are still there 4 weeks later!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• umm take it easy in that area! I wouldnt worry too much unless they started to bleed or you had a lot of pain i would still wait ....ask the doc if you want
    tiffandgene2009

Answer by tiffandgene2009 at 1:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have never had a child. I am only 31 weeks pregnant. If I was you I would chill unless they bleed or something. If you are really worried about it than I would just call my doctor and see what he says. Talk to your doctors nurse or the obgyn over the phone. It would not hurt and just answer your question the best way it can be answered at the time being. :)
    Tymber15

Answer by Tymber15 at 2:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You need to go to the doctor. If they ripped they will apply some sort of liquid stitches (there is a name for them- I had to get them at my 6 week check up). It does hurt when they apply the solution- but only for a minute.
    Call your doctor asap. If you re-tore you could risk infection or a weird healing. Good luck.

also, it is totally normal for the stitches to be in for so long- this is why they recommend waiting 6 weeks before doing it. (they want to make sure you are healed completely)
    bloomsr

Answer by bloomsr at 2:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009