6 months

My daughter is 6 months old and she has always been a great sleeper. Lately, she will fall asleep just fine, but about 20-30 minutes later wakes up wailing and freaking out, and nothing I do can calm her down. I know she must be teething, so I have tries tablets, teethers, tylonol, etc. How do I know what the problem is? Is she having bad dreams? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I really don't know what to tell you that could help, But my son who is now 7 months used to be a good sleeper, he would sleep through the night from 3 1/2 to 6 months old. At 6 months he started getting up in the middle of the night again also. He still doesn't have any teeth. Maybe it is just a phase they go through.
    BlainesMommy09

Answer by BlainesMommy09 at 1:43 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Have you tried letting her cry for just a couple minutes? Usually about 30 minutes into sleep babies transition to a different stage of sleep, sometimes as they transition they "wake" and fuss but will fall right back to sleep within 5 minutes or so if left alone.

Answer by missanc at 2:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• She could have an ear infection. Next time it's time for her to go to bed, give her a small dose of tylenol about half an hour before bed. If she does fine, but then not giving her tylenol the next time she wakes up crying, take her to the doctor. It's fairly common for babies to get anywhere from a slight cold to a bad cold around 6 months.
    Anonymous