Autism/vaccine link (not starting a debate, just looking for opinions)

Another post got me to thinking...
I have a friend that has a boy who has autism...he has never had a vaccine...
So how do you explain that autism is caused by vaccines? Wouldn't this more likely explain that autism is genetic and that vaccines only make the autism appear sooner, like an accelerant?

Jademom07

Asked by Jademom07 at 1:45 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• The thing is, it isn't necessarily that vaccines cause "autism" - vaccines with mercury-based adjuvants and preservatives are thought to cause mercury poisoning, and mercury poisoning's symptoms are very similar to "autism". Autism is a real disorder, it is a malfunction of the brain, but many things can cause a brain to malfunction, including poisonous materials. Think of it this way - An allergic reaction to pollen creates cold virus-like symptoms, but that doesn't mean an allergic reaction is a "cold". It is a completely different thing, but the symptoms are alike. It is the same with mercury poisoning and autism. The poisoning causes problems in the brain (this is well-documented), problems that mimic the symptoms of autism. So ppl who say "vaccines cause autism" are not really representing the problem accurately. But the problem definitely exists.
    Iskkra

Answer by Iskkra at 4:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• No one will really know the answer to that until accurate studies are done. That will take many years. Personally, I think vaccines are produced for a reason. Until there is absolute proof for or against it, I will take my chances & get the vaccines so my babies will not get sick.
    Amberoz

Answer by Amberoz at 2:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• The percentage of kids who get Autism are the same for those who do and don't get vaccinated.
    Anonymous