Auto Insurance

I need help finding the best option for Auto Insurance. We are paying $1000 for 6 months (we were out of insurance so that helped). We can get it down with our company to just under 900. That is still way too much. So I need some help. I am looking to get it to $600-$800 for 6 months. Any suggestions of companies?

theatregirl26

Asked by theatregirl26 at 1:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• If you have your homeowners or renters insurance with the same company, your rate for car insurance will decrease. You can also raise your deductable.

Answer by rkoloms at 2:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Progressive is the cheapest I've found(we've had them for years now). thought about changing but all the others were about $250 more every 6 months then what we pay now.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 3:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• In reply to rkoloms - consolidating your insurances will NOT always decrease your payments - we'd be paying almost double for our vehicle insurance if we put them with our house - our house insurance agent told us to stay where we are.

We have State Farm. We insure 5 vehicles for a little over $100 per month - full coverage on 2, decent coverage on one, storage on the 4th, and the 5th is for an ATV. We do recieve the maximum discount available because of our age (over 25) and our lack of anything on our driving records (one speeding ticket in 8 years, didn't affect our rates). We'd save more by paying every 6 months, but we prefer the convenience of paying monthly.
    Anonymous

• We have 3 cars and 1 ATV, we pay less than $300 every 6 months for all of them(only one is full coverage but the others have good coverage as well) We went with progressive and saveda ton on car and homeowner ins. I'd call around and see who could give the best option.
    how_reb

Answer by how_reb at 6:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2009