First time mom- need help choosing car seat!

I don't know what brand of a car seat to get. I see a lot of people with Graco and Evenflo. I am looking for one that is high in safety ratings and not too pricey. Please tell me what brand you use! Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I used the evenflo combo stroller, base and carseat and then switched to Costco Omega Elite when she outgrew the smaller one...
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:58 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I had the Graco Snugride for my son and loved it!
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 1:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• What is your babies age, height, and weight?
    Krysta622

Answer by Krysta622 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• One more thing...the safest place in the car for the seat is the middle of the back seat but if that's not an option, it's safer behind the driver as you will tend to veer away from an accident and if the seat is on the passenger side, that's what side will get hit
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 1:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I used an evenflo carrier then a costco alpa omega when she got bigger. It's not always about they safety ratings. All seats meet basic standards. The key is to get one that fits your car and then install it properly and remember to put your child in properly.
    Anonymous

• i'm due Dec 8th so i don't know how big he'll be but i want to get one before he's born. i've done research on Graco, Evenflo, Baby Trend and Safety 1st.
    Anonymous

• What type of vehicle do you drive...that can tell you a lot about what to get as some of the carseats will not fit in certain vehicles because of the size of the seat to the space you have to put it in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 2:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• If you have a babies r us (or any other store that will allow you to take the car seat out to your car and test it out to see if it fits properly i'd go there and try different ones out and then make your decision on which seat fits best.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 2:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I really like Graco! I had a snugride and travel system with my son and now my daughter has a Graco Safe Seat. I have a Graco Duo Glider (Double Stroller), and the Graco infant car seat frame for my daughter's car seat. I personally like the metrolite travel system. My daughter is now 8 months old and weighs about 17lbs. I'm not quite sure on her height, she doesn't have a check-up until next month. Hope this helps.
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 2:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i drive a Mazda3. it's pretty roomy in the back.
    Anonymous