My son is four almost five and Iam thinking about putting him in gymnastics.....should I?

He is soo athletic. He can do a full handstand (never showed him how he just learned on his own) he is always climbing to the top of the doorframe and doing random things like hurdleing over the couch.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would. My kids love gymnastics. It's great for learning how to do "tricks" without getting hurt.
    Anonymous

• why not?

my middle dd is in a tumbling class - she LOVES it. wish we would have put her in that instead of trying the dance thing.

if its the "but he's a BOY' thing...at my dd's gymnastics club there are about 50/50 girl boy ratios. of all ages. in fact there've been a couple of olympic gymnasts that came from the club.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Iam just worried that he will get hurt lol. Seems dumb to worry because I know he could just as likely get hurt at home playing around.
    Anonymous

• That's great! My friend's brother, Kevin (Kai-Wen) Tan was in the Beijing Olympics last year (got the bronze, score!) I was so proud of him! He's been in gymnastics since he was 3.

My 2 year old is the same. She's trying to tumble already with NO coaching from me or dad! I'm thinking of gymnastics too.

Good luck!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 3:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• if its like our gymnastics club....EVERYTHING is padded. and I mean EVERYTHING. lol.

we've got a watching room too with the one way glass so parents can watch.

I was leery about mine getting hurt on the trampoline, but the coaches teach them in baby steps how to do it properly and controlled.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Oh yes you should. Most gyms will give you 1 free day/visit/trial. Take advantage of it.
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 3:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009