Questions about a possible miscarriage.......

I am 24 yrs old. My DH and I had tried to conceive awhile back with no luck. We now have just been goin with the flow of things. I am always regular and last from 4-7 days. Well this month I started 10/16......and am still bleeding. Unlike most months Im not heavy and TMI ALERT it has a strange smell to it.....
There isn't really much pain besides maybe dull cramps. My regular monthly cramps are worse than this....Could it be other things?
Any suggestions would be great!! Thanks

RachelStrom04

Asked by RachelStrom04 at 2:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I don't think this is a miscarriage, however you could call your doctor and see if they may have any ideas. Give it a few more days and if it has not stopped see the doctor anyways because that is a lot of blood, you may be loosing too much!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• The thing is I dont have a regualr OB right now. I lost insurance back in January so Im stuck. Gotta find somewhere to go. And Im not bleeding heavy its very light. So Im just really confused.
    RachelStrom04

Answer by RachelStrom04 at 4:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Could be a miscarriage. I started spotting brown blood on the 13th (and still am) and the doctors said it is probably a miscarriage (no one has said it for definite but they all seem very sure that it couldn't be anything else). No cramping previously but now I have slight cramping/or a tensing (like a light contraction), and occasionally some bright red blood. TMI but it also has an unpleasant smell. Have you taken a pregnancy test? Is it bright red blood with clots? If you have a fever, or a lot of cramping then it might be a tubal pregnancy (very dangerous). You should see if there are any clinics around that you can checked out at. Maybe planned parenthood has a obgyn than can talk with you with reduced prices?
    Anonymous

• I've had a miscarriage back in june. My doctor told me it was going to happen because the baby was not growing right anyway at the time she told me I was 7 weeks but i didnt lose the baby until i was about 10 weeks so I say see a doctor because you never know. I also know that you can have some bleeding in the begin so it could be nothing but you sould check it out
    Typhani

Answer by Typhani at 12:02 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Thank you for the advice yall.
    Anonymous your info seemed alot like mine. It hasn't been heavy like my normal periods. But it was heavier earlier in the bleeding. And TMI ALERT.....it does have a smell to it. There has been some brown but mainly red and kinda stringy like. with a few "clumps" here and there. Im thinkin if it doesnt stop in a few days Im gonna look into some clinics or something.
    RachelStrom04

Answer by RachelStrom04 at 2:11 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• YOUR MENSTRUAL CYCLE IS PROBABLY JUST IRREGULAR HUNN...
    JENNIFER_007

Answer by JENNIFER_007 at 3:40 AM on Oct. 27, 2009