How to get baby to drink from bottle when i go back to work?

Brandi832

Asked by Brandi832 at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Start offering the baby a bottle once a day... then next week offer it twice a day... then keep offering more and more bottles until she gets the hang of it. If you still want to BF when you're home, then keep offering her both boob and bottle. My son did BF and FF with no problems... it just takes a little patience for them to get used to it. Good luck!
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 2:32 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• You mean breastmilk in a bottle? Have you already tried one? Some BF babies will take a bottle and some wont. If your little one won't take a bottle, try having someone else give it, they are less likely to accept it from you since they know the "real thing" is right there, lol. Also, you can try a sippy cup instead. Even a newborn can learn to suck out of a sippy cup and for some babies who REFUSE a bottle, it's a good option. One more thing...some babies refuse to drink ANYTHING (or maybe just an ounce or two to get by) during their mom's absence...then nurse like crazy at night to make up for it. It's called "reverse cycling" and it's pretty common.
    Jannell

Answer by Jannell at 3:24 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I know you prob already have bottles, but the one I used when I get back to work were from Gerber, I can't look it up right now, but they are made for BF babies who's mom's work and need to pump. I love em, we never had a problem. He still uses them and we have found that he eats better and has less gas when using this certain nipple. It's shaped like a boob! Good luck and please let me know how it goes!?
    onespoiledwife

Answer by onespoiledwife at 3:28 PM on Jun. 24, 2008