i need to know more about nipple/breast infections in toddlers

my 3 years old likes to pinch and squeeze her nipples - she has always done this. She will pinch them and pull them while she is drinking her cup of milk at night and now she has an infection in her nipple. I would like to know if any other kids do the same thing or have had any infections of the breast or nipple. How did you treat them and what advice you have for me if you have experience in this area. Thanks!

fyrtlemyrtle5

Asked by fyrtlemyrtle5 at 2:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• Take her to her doctor.
    Anonymous

• They thought my son had an infection in his nipple and gave him antibiotics to fix the issue. Just take her to the doctor and they should be able to give her something! Unfortunately for my son it was not an infection but a mass...long story short...he is fine and the mass is gone! But do not worry the doctors should be able to help!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• ok I so I am aware that taking her to the doctor is the best option which we plan of doing this evening when my husband gets home. what i am asking for is any one who has a child that has or has had this same issue and what they did for it. thanks
    fyrtlemyrtle5

Answer by fyrtlemyrtle5 at 3:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009