Christmas Gift's

With such a large extended family I am trying to come up with some creative Christmas gifts for my nieces and nephews. I was thinking of getting them all books but not sure if that would be appropriate or not. Life is full of TV, Computers, Wii, etc...it would be nice to pull them away from that for a few.....advice please would you buy books for kids or just stick to toys, games etc...?

Thumper02

Asked by Thumper02 at 2:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• Id do books, can never have enough of those.

One year I made a basket for my nieces(bought it at Michaels Arts and Crafts and painted it up and decked it with ladybugs,etc)and then I bought a couple of books and put it in there. That way they had some new books and they also had something to carry them around in.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:39 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Keep an eye out for coupons...last year I had some for some really good board games. I think if you do not do books then maybe a board game would be great or card games. Anything that promotes learning is a plus to me. I also like using the Michael's coupons that come in the paper...they have great craft kits...maybe a few of them would like that...they have jewelry making, knitting, stepping stones, paint a piggy bank...all kinds of crafty things! Very affordable! But books are great too!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 2:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• you'd be amazed with how many kids who would love to get a book for christmas. My god daughter loves books, more than anything, yet no one gets them for her much. So, when I go to the used book store, I buy her tons. She gets so excited every time. I think it would be great to get kids books. It breaks away from the norm..
    meluvja

Answer by meluvja at 2:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't think you can go wrong w/books, especially if you taylor it to their individual interests. It shows a lot of thought was put into it for them and they will appreciate it.
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 3:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My boys both enjoy getting books, but only the ones they are really "into" at the time. My DD is 5 and she loves books if they are topics she likes, like princesses, fairy tales, or any nick jr character lol. For younger kids, nice coloring books or activity books with a new box of crayons or some new colored pens for activity books is a really fun idea too, and it keeps them busy for HOURS. My DD also loves the Crayola color wonder things, everything they've come out with she has loved.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 8:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009