MY BABY HAS Bronchitis... SO WORRY

I took my baby last night to the ER and they told me he had Bronchitis is his first time getting sick like that am so worry.
They gave him like and asthma machine and also some medicine hoping he gets well..
Did any of your kids had this before how did you deal with it...Any advice please.... Thanks! :P

MommyOfJayden23

Asked by MommyOfJayden23 at 2:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No but my daughter has had a couple of colds since her birth and she's had all her vaccines and everything. Just comfort him all you can and do all you can do.
    MommaRox4683

Answer by MommaRox4683 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Just do as the dr instructs and all will be fine. Keep on eye on things and if it seems to get worse after doing the treatments for a bit(in other words, give it more than a day cuz it will take time for the meds to work) then go back and see the dr.

Try not to over worry cuz it doesnt do any good for you or your child.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 2:37 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I had to use an asthma breathing machine most my life. It worried me so much when my god daughter was put on one. She was living in a house with too much mold. She used the machine for a few months and when they moved, she never had to use it again. Just keep an eye on your baby. Do what the doctor says. I'll pray your baby is in good health quickly. Try not to worry so much. I know it's harder said than done.
    meluvja

Answer by meluvja at 2:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Oh Mom, so worried, of course! Your baby, so sick. So scarey. Are both very tired? Do you have someone to help you keep rested and to talk to? It's very important to have the rest you need to follow the doctor's instructions. That's hard and exhausting if you don't get enough rest. I have seen many children with respiratory problems like bronchitis. I hope you felt better about his condition when you left the hospital and that you see improvement everyday. The odds are well in his and your favor. Hang in there, Momma!
    happi-ladi

Answer by happi-ladi at 2:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• dont worry jut follow his treatment directions and he'll be fine. i have asthma and so does my 2 yr old and we are good.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 2:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Not much else you can do. Humidifiers and pleanty of fluids. My daughter caught that when she was about 9 months old, it's heartbreaking but they recover fairly quickly. The cough takes a while to completely go away, but your baby will fine. Bronchitis is viral and virus take about 7-10 days
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 3:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Hey there! I know it is scary; no one likes to hear their baby with a rattling chest or cough. My son had bronchiolitus at 4 months, and has had to have breathing off-and-on ever since - he's now 13 months. With the nebulizer, if that's what they gave you (I call it a baby hookah pipe, haha), it is best to use the mask - if you little one doesn't rip it off. Message me if you like.
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:53 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Extra breastfeeding will help your baby fight the infection.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I am so sorry your baby is sick, it is heart wrenching we know, but hang in there mom, follow instructions and your baby will be just fine! Wishing a speedy recovery!

Answer by older at 5:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009