Are cleaning products bothering you?

What's your experience with the odors that they emit?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I don't use them any more. I cleaned house for a long time with chemicals, and it never bothered me, but when I had my baby I realized I didn't want them in the house, where she could get into them, or to use them places she would eat, crawl around or sleep. So now I use vinegar, baking soda, and natural products whenever I can. The only chemicals I have is a bottle of resolve to get pet stains out.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 2:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Anyone looking for a line of good, earth & people friendly, cleaning products, check this website: rmartin50.qhealthbeauty.com The products have the most refreshing, light scents. Nothing like perfume, more like a clean, fresh scent. I have been using these products exclusively for over 2 yrs. I would not use anything else.
    RuthsPlace

Answer by RuthsPlace at 3:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• This Is what we use for most cleaning (initially used as part of my daughter's 6th grade science fair project). It is cheap (my favorite) and non-toxic.
    1/4 cup white vinegar
    3/4 cup warm tap water
    1 tablespoon baking soda
    10 drops of tea tree oil (antibacterial, antifungal, etc.)
    2 drops oil of lavender essential oil (optional) (antiseptic and smells nice)
    For extra scrubbing, I make a paste with salt, baking soda and vinegar.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• 1/2 vinegar and 1/2 water, 15 drops of tea tree oil and 15 drops of peppermint oil (i like the smell...it covers up the nasty vinegar and tea tree oil smell.)
    Oxyclean
    I use home made soap for the body and hands and baking soda and avc for my hair, i make my own tooth paste from a recipe i found online. so far so good. it's baking soda, salt, coconut oil, peppermint oil, and stevia. if anyone has a better recipe i'd love to see it.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2009