Fair and Balanced?

President Barack Obama has only been in office for just over nine months, but he's already hit the links as much as President Bush did in over two years.

CBS' Mark Knoller — an unofficial documentarian and statistician of all things White House-related — wrote on his Twitter feed that, "Today - Obama ties Pres. Bush in the number of rounds of golf played in office: 24.

Took Bush 2 yrs & 10 months."

This news comes on the heels of today's news that Obama played golf with a woman — chief domestic policy adviser Melody Barnes — for the first time since taking office.

Aren't you glad Obama is keeping it even? Sort of?

http://www.politico.com/click/stories/0910/obama_ties_bush_on_golf.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2009/10/25/us/politics/25vibe.html?bl=&pagewanted=print

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Obama eats boiled eggs and toast.
    Anonymous

• He played witha woman?what a wuss.Male golfers resent women on the course!I bet she beat him. lol
    I wonder if michele my bell was jealous.
    Anonymous

• http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2009/10/now-president-on-president-obamas-allmale-athletic-outings-its-troubling.html
    Anonymous

• Holy crap. No WAY cbs is calling him on something. Wonder if he is losing sleep over that?
    Anonymous

• Hey anon, nothing shameful about playing with a woman. And btw, I play from the mens tee. And can out drive a good many of them. It's the putting that gets me.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 3:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I play golf with men all the time. Loving, where are you located? I'd love to play!
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Who cares? How much vacation has OIbama taken compared to Dubya's 1st 10 months?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yea, Dubya did working vacations to his ranch. Obama used his carbon footprint to take Michelle on Dates in other states for the evening... I guess it just depends on which standards you are measuring, Friday.. lol
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• My point was I don't care about Obamas golf.

You mean Bush didn't use AF1, etc on his trips to Crawford? I'm pretty sure that's in a different state than DC. How many times did Dubya fly to Crawford or Camp David compared to Obamas dates?

Seriously, who cares?

Friday

Answer by Friday at 4:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't care, Friday. And no that wasn't what I was saying. My comment, " I guess it just depends on which standards you are measuring, Friday.." was what's the point of your criticism. The carbon footprint argument of the 2 Presidents?  The numbers of days off?  Or the fact that they are BOTH PResidents and WORK while they are on Vacations.  It's funny how many liberals, imo, went off on GW for hos vacations to Crawford failed to consider someday they would have a liberal President who would be analyzed and watched.

You could even throw out the argument: At least GW didn't have an intern/whore in his office giving him blow jobs while he was "working". 

It ALL depends on the STANDARDS from which you measured Clinton, Bush, and HOW you intend to measure Obama.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009