? for SAHM's

Is your TV on most of the day in the background?

My tv is always on, usually just the news or weather or music, and some of the time I catch up on my shows while watching my son.

He doesn't pay attention to it at all unless Sesamee Street is on.

Just wondering if this is the same for anyone else?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• i'll say i'm guilty of this one myself. even if we're not paying attn to it, you can hear it. i am one though, that cant take the silence. yes sometimes with two kids it can be too quiet lol
    AmandaN1

Answer by AmandaN1 at 3:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• In a word, yes. I have the music channels on most of the time, but I can't seem to stay away from Oprah! :)
    MamaRoberts

Answer by MamaRoberts at 3:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Hmm its not on all the time but when it is its usually the serius music channels
    Anonymous

• My daughter likes to watch movies like Wall E and Madagascar. I have had to start limiting it, though, because she will sit and watch movies all day long. Well... on and off all day long. Now I allow 2 movies a day. The rest of the time the TV is usually off. I don't have any "shows" that are on during the day... I'm a primetime TV gal lol.
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 3:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• yeah is on. she sits down to wath dora or diego. . and oncein a while she sits to watch other shows.
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• its on in the mornings then I take my older 2 to school and its off.

we don't really turn it back on. never really thought about it.

if she wants to watch something I'll turn it back on but most often not.
    hypermamaz

Answer by hypermamaz at 3:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yes I have it on-a lot. I can't stand not having background noise. But we don't watch it all day.
    Carajust

Answer by Carajust at 3:09 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• my 15 month old only watches seseme street too :).yes often it is on,but many times i have to turn it off for a while so i can have quiet
    littledozie

Answer by littledozie at 3:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It used to be on for background noise. Now that my son is old enough to sit still for a few minutes he likes to watch one of his shows, then he's off to play again and I change the station to news or something that won't drive me crazy with kiddie songs!
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Ours is always on even if we are not watching it & we don't watch that much t.v.! It goes off when we go to bed or leave the house. It is comforting to have noise in the background as sick as that may sound, lol!

sdc9579

Answer by sdc9579 at 3:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2009