how can i deal?

okay first off i want to commend all of you military wives for doing what you do and being strong. you deserve a flippin medal honestly. now tell me how you do it? i just found out that my daughter leaves for naval basic training june 20th and i have done nothing but cry ever since. this is the first time she has been any distance from home for any length of time and although she will be 18 and i have a two year old she (the 18 year old) will always be my baby and this is killin me. i know she isnt being sent into a war zone and all but this is the hardest thing for me to deal with. any advice on how to make this easier. and god bless all of you

jodi205

Asked by jodi205 at 3:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I do have a husband who is active duty and has been on many deployments, but explaining how I remain strong and independent during his absences is not possible. It just happened.

I imagine having a child leave for the military is quite different and I won't know that feeling until my second-born daughter leaves for the Navy next year out of high school.
    A child is a part of a mother's heart and that is why the pain is felt so sharply by a mother.

My hugs and prayers are with you and your daughter. I am very proud of her and wish her all the success a military lifestyle can bring. Tell her to take advantage of EVERY opportunity available to her while she is in and not to let her college money go to waste.
    {{{HUGS}}} ♥
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Wow that has got to be hard. I dont know anyone in the military but I have heard when kids go off to college it is nice if you get a frame that has a button to record a sound. Have her record you a msg and put her pic in the frame. you can hit the button all day long if you miss her.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:27 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• lol hey ria girl whats up? that sounds like a good idea. im gonna have to do that especially for her lil sister cuz she is going to miss the hell out of her
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Im good Jodi..nice that you pop n every once in a while. Im proud of your dd and it is great that people serve our country. You should be really proud and when you miss her just try to focus on giving her strength and lift her in prayer.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• thanks again ria i am very proud of her. but i want to be proud of her with her in my home lol i'll get through it and be strong for her its just hard. and i will always pop in on ya'll to make sure that your behaving lol. no i miss all of you ( well most of you)
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Sending my husband off is probably different than sending a child off. For me, I just create my own routine and keep busy. I have things planned out to do so I have a lot of stuff to get me through each day. And by the end of the day, I am one day closer. I also have goals for when he's gone. Things like losing weight, working out, getting the house organized or redecorated,etc.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:14 PM on Oct. 26, 2009