solids

so far a have only been giving me daughter (6 mo) solids in the morning, just a few bites until she isnt interested anymore. Should I be giving them at every meal?? ANd when you do mosylt solids....doesnt your milk stop coming in because you arent nursing as much??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• If you are replacing nursing sessions with meals, then yes, your supply will decrease. Nurse first, then give solids. At 6 months, the solids are more for experimenting than for nutrition, so don't worry about giving a lot. Just remember to try foods out one at a time and wait a few days in between to check for allergies. Personally, I liked having my babies eat at the table with us at mealtime, so I would nurse right before we ate and then sit them in the high chair for a few bites of mashed food and some finger foods.
    Remember - your breastmilk will supply all of the nutrients your baby needs until they are 1. Don't let your Dr. tell you otherwise - they are often misinformed about breastfeeding and tend to go by standards set for formula-fed babies. Happy feeding!! :)
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009