I need help!

Okay so my 2 year old will not use the potty. I have tried everything that I can think of bringing her into the bathroom with me and everything. She seems interested and will act like she wants to try but then she just screams. I know that she is ready to potty train because she is taking her diaper off but she just wont do it.. Does anyone have any advice to help me out here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Wait until she is 3. She's probably not ready - what is the rush?
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• cause she will not keep her diaper on anymore. she will even take off her clothes to get it off and then pees everywhere
    Anonymous

• I'd wait a few months and try again. The fact that she's screaming says she isn't quite ready yet even if she is taking her diaper off. Keep talking about the idea in the meantime and encourage any interest.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 3:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• if she took her diaper off & peed everywhere i'd spank her, imo she's ready if he knows how to take off her diaper & pee all over everything
    Anonymous

• well she takes it off at nap and bed time and i dont belive in spanking but i was just wondering what others have tried to maybe encourage her a bit more
    Anonymous

• REWARD CHARTS!!!!!

positive reinforcement
    Anonymous

• go out and buy some underwear with her favorite characters on them. thats what i did and it seems to help she doesnt want to get elmo dirty. good luck i know its frustrating. and no dont spank her she's learning and you have to be patient some people i swear. oh spank her for not getting it. or yea maybe she does get it but you have to teach children not beat them
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 3:41 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It sounds like she is not ready. My daughter was reading and tying her shoes before she was completely out of diaper at four.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:22 PM on Oct. 27, 2009