Any hairdressers out there? What can I do for orange hair?

I got my hair done on Sat. by my hairdresser that has been doing it for 1 1/2 years. I had highlights & low lights. I told her I wanted more blonde in it. When I left I noticed that I have orange strands, mostly in my bangs but in a couple other places. I am thinking these were the low lights & they didn't process long enough. She is on vacation this week. Can I buy toner, will that help? And should I be upset if she charges me to correct it? They have a sign saying "you pay for re-do's". When I washed it, I saw the orange, so I know she had to of.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• If they have a sign than you will have to pay for it. I would think that if they knew what they were doing they wouldnt have that sign posted but that is just me. i would find a new hairstylist! I dont go to people that dont tell me they screwed up and than charge for fixing it.
    Anonymous

• a toner is not likely to work, either way. most likely, the 'orange' spots are the newer HLs/areas that didn't lighten enough (over darker-colored hair, assumable..your low-lighted hair). perhaps she didn't leave the lightener on long enough to lift through the darker haircolor..or didn't use a strong enough developer. and yeah, she probably saw it when she rinsed/shampooed. i can't answer for her..just saying why the 'orange' was the result.
    you should call the manager/owner of the salon, and complain, nicely. tell them what you asked for, what it looks like, and ask what they can do to make it right..as it clearly wasn't your fault. of course, they will tell you the colorist isn't back yet..but as a regular customer, you should remind them you are willing to let the owner/manager correct this. for saving public face, i'd assume they would do so, gratis. if they insist you pay, i'd tell them you won't be back.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:33 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• also, check out your local phone directory either for salons that advertise in 'corrective color', or a beauty supply store (call all of them, and ask if they are open to the public..you want one that isn't!) and ask to speak to the manager..get a reference to a salon/colorist they personally know of (does a lot of business with them-ie: buys color products regularly from that distributor)..then call that salon. of course, you will have to pay..but this is a good way to get a good reference, rather than choosing blindly from the telephone directory.
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 7:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• And if you are going to call the salon do it now! Don't let anymore time pass by! gl
    dragonflylovr19

Answer by dragonflylovr19 at 10:51 AM on Oct. 28, 2009

• Go to sally's beauty supply and purchase Shimmering Lights conditioner. After washing your hair, put a small amount in. Add more until the orange turns into a smokey ash. Don't rinse. Dry your hair as normal. After bleaching your hair, your scalp will need a break from chemicals. I would suggest leaving constructor in your hair (I recommend ION- sold at Sally's) over night, and then rinsing in the morning. Then following up with the shimmering lights conditioner. I would bleach your hair again with a 30 volume activator about a week after your initial bleaching. If you are trying to go platinum, bleach about 3-4 times (one week in between). Then follow up with Manic Panic- Virgin Snow semi-permanent color for albino white hair. (that is if you want to go that blond without breaking your hair.) Remember to always condition!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Anonymous