How can I help teach my baby to crawl!

My 7 month old daughter is REALLY getting frustrated with crawling, she doesn't get it ! she sits on her but, and like tries to stand on her feet and tries to get it going.. but she can't get the idea how to actually crawl.. I was just wondering if there are any tips that anyone has out there, to get her off her belly ( because she'll push her legs out from under her, then scream cause shes stuck on the floor) so.. I don't know. any help would be great !!!

Sunshine172

Asked by Sunshine172 at 3:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You can't teach her to crawl! She'll do it when she's ready. She has to wait until her arms are strong enough. It sounds like she's close - just wait.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 3:49 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• my dddint crawl on all4 till she was almost 10 mts. she army crawled at around 8 mts. ds is 8 mts and he jst started army crawling . bythe way crawling is not a milsetone some kids dont evne crawl
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 4:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I got on the floor with my DD and showed her how to do it. Why don't you try that.
    sopheeahsmommy

Answer by sopheeahsmommy at 4:05 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• LOL sounds like my son!!! Except he was frustrated about not being able to move at 4 months! (he rolled early, crawled early, and is now walking early). There's nothing you can do - she'll get it when she gets it, and getting frustrated about it will motivate her.
    TiffanyMarie80

Answer by TiffanyMarie80 at 5:06 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• This is how my son is and he is only 4 months! He is getting so mad about it he will start to scream if he knows that im going to put him down on his tummy. I dont know what to do about it!
    Anonymous

• My son is only 6wks old and is trying to crawl...he got all the movements down...now he just has to learn how to put them all together and move...he just dont have the strength yet...he can hold his head up and all...n do baby push ups!
    Idt u can really teach a baby do crawl...they will do it when they are ready
    oxcarirenexo

Answer by oxcarirenexo at 10:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• thanks ! just trying to help her frustration thats all ! i'm not rushing her ! just trying to help ! lol
    Sunshine172

Answer by Sunshine172 at 10:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009