What Gift Did You Always Want But Never Got?

Hi ladies!

Daily Buzz needs your help! We're already starting to think ahead for the holiday season (I know, it's nearly here already? Yikes!).

We're asking moms around CafeMom to tell us the gifts that they really really really wanted as a kid but never got. What was your, "Official Red Ryder Carbine-Action Two-Hundred-Shot Range Model Air Rifle"? (Though lucky Ralphie actually got his wish).

Every year for about five years, I asked for a GameBoy and never got one. Times were tough for my family, and I look back now and understand it, but man, I would get so disappointed on Christmas morning.

We would love to hear the toys you wished for for Christmas to include in one of our future posts!

Thanks in advance for all your help!

Best,

Daily Buzz Team

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 3:50 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• I've been asking for diamond earings for almost ten years now!
    Anonymous

• I know you said gifts that we never got but since you used Ralphie in your example I thought you might not mind if I added my story. I think it's a good one. The year that my mom and dad divorced I was 5 yrs old. Being a pretty mature 5 I knew that the situation was not exactly prime gift getting time so my sister and I held back from asking Santa for what we REALLY wanted which was a Barbie Dream Houses for each of us. Well, Santa didn't deliver (as suspected, we got small things from HIM that year). However, it is a favorite Christmas memory that later that day when we went to my Grandma's house, THERE THEY WERE! All set up, matching, one for each of us. What a thrill. I have thanked her many times over the years for what that meant to us. It was more about knowing that things were going to be ok than it was the actual material posession. Thanks for letting me share that!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 4:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• A horse. I asked for it from the time I was about 3 until I was about 13 for any holiday I could think of. Then I gave up. For my 16th birthday I was expecting a car (like my brother got for his) and instead I got a horse. LOL! Not what I was expecting at all!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 4:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• A horse lol... I kinda got one tough, my parents leased me a horse when I turned 11 :)
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 4:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• As a younger child I wanted big girl make-up. Well of course I never got it and when I was old enough to buy and wear make-up I asked for a drum set every year and I never got that either.
    JEAmom3

Answer by JEAmom3 at 4:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Barbie dream house!
    hill2

Answer by hill2 at 11:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I always asked for a horse. From the time I knew what one was I asked for a horse for christmas, birthdays (mine and siblings), and when I was 11 I finally got one. I had him for 13 years, and now I have been asking my DH for one for about 2 years, and he's not budging.

Not the best story, but I like to give more than recieve, so I never had a "wishlist" really.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 6:29 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• A stand up mixer and wii fit but I am buying myself the wii fit htis year. If dh ever reads this get me my mixer already!! I want it with the dough hook!!
    Ibelongtojesus

Answer by Ibelongtojesus at 9:18 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• when i was a little girl i wanted anything barbie. now that i am married i want pretty jewelery
    Anonymous