Advice Needed From Mother-in-Laws

Hi everyone! We're doing some research for Daily Buzz on the quickly approaching holiday season.

We're looking for some advice from all of you mother-in-laws out there about how you'd like your daughter-in-laws to act during the holidays.

Things like what kinds of gifts they should bring, how long they should stay for holiday dinners, what to do with the kids, and any other things you'd really wish your DIL would do concerning the holiday season. Oh, and if we use your answer in a post, we'll totally keep it anonymous, so feel free to let out all of your concerns (even the not-so-nice ones, hehe!).

I hope everyone's having a great week and thank you in advance for all of your help on this!!

Best,

Daily Buzz Team

Daily Buzz Team

Asked by Daily Buzz Team at 3:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Holidays

• I like for my DIL to behave like one of the family. She isn't a visitor any more and shouldn't expect to be treated like one. If you want something get up and get it, if you don't know where something is look for it or ask.
    Anonymous

• I like my DILs just as they are. They hop up to help when something needs to be done. They keep an eye on their children. They laugh and talk along with everyone else. They offer to bring food for the big meal. How long should they stay? If the children get desperately tired and fussy, it is time to get them home.

Answer by Bmat at 4:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2009