question about prenatals...

i took prenatals for almost my whole entire first trimester ( i forgot a lot though lol) and i quit taking them after that...i am getting induced tomorrow and i was wondering how my baby will turn out? will he be ok if i did not take the prenatals this WHOLE time?

i ate good, lots of fruits and veggies, but i did have SOME days of just bad snaking b/c i REALLY craved it lol

i have heard that some women dont take them at all and their babies are fine. i was just curious...thanks!

danette624

Asked by danette624 at 3:54 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The prenatals are insurance and to ensure that the baby has the vitamins the little one would need. There are some fetal developments that can easily be prevented by pre-natal vitamins. But there is no guarantee that your baby will be just fine and no guarantee that your baby will need some extra help. You did the best you could and that is all you can do. No point on replaying any regrets, love and care for that little one to the best of your ability now and for ever. 

Good luck.  pregnant belly

DevilInPigtails

Answer by DevilInPigtails at 6:02 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We can't answer that exactly but to only say every pregnancy and turn out is different. Speak with your OB.

Anonymous

• so many women don't even take prenatals. i do, just because taking a vitamin was already in my daily routine to begin with. its not a big deal though, my OB told me that doctors are really mostly concerned about women taking it in the 1st trimester, because the folic acid helps prevent birth defects. you'll be fine dear.
    SammyJoB

Answer by SammyJoB at 3:57 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i took my prenatals once ina while with my first and with my second i stop after 12 wks. both kids are healthy no problems
    piwife

Answer by piwife at 3:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I could only keep pre-natals down for about 3 weeks of my pregnancy.

So, like you, I just made sure to get extra vitamins and folic acid through my foods and drinks. My daughter is 2 now, and just fine.
    mogencreative

Answer by mogencreative at 4:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• lol. obviously we won't be able to tell. taking prenatals can prevent some problems but those problems are rare anyway even without taking them first trimester. i don't mean to poo poo prenatals, taking them in the first trimester can greatly reduce risks of certain defects, but those defects are still relatively uncommon. (i mean it's not like 1/10 would be born with them) most likely your baby will be 100% healthy. inducing could also reduce the chance that your baby will be born healthy though, because baby isn't deciding it's time to come out. of course if there is a real medical reason to induce, it will improve your chances of a healthy baby, but if it's just because you are 41 weeks, or something like that, it can increase the risk of breathing problems. :) good luck!
    Anonymous

• im being induced for medical reasons... the baby has to come out. but i was just wondering if it was a big deal that i didnt take them throughout the WHOLE pregnancy
    danette624

Answer by danette624 at 5:51 PM on Oct. 26, 2009