what about thanksgiving

why is it stores have stuff for hallween and christmas but not thanksgiving?

madcat500

Asked by madcat500 at 5:00 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Um, they do in.......November.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 5:04 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• The stores are the same way where I live... I don't remember it being that way before.
    ProudMom_5703

Answer by ProudMom_5703 at 5:07 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• we do here...they put a huge display out in the middle of one of the big aisles, and on it are tons of diff things needed for thanksgiving...
    blueeyedgrl2377

Answer by blueeyedgrl2377 at 5:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Because there isn't that much for "Thanksgiving decorations". The grocery stores I go do have stuff for Thanksgiving out, like the baking supplies and the stuffing, etc.

But as far as decorations for thanksgiving, there really aren't any. Not sure why, but there aren't.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 5:10 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Yeah, they just skip right over it! I told my dd that Thanksgiving isn't a money making holiday so the stores skip it. She just replied, "Well, that's stupid." Kids, sometimes, they know a lot.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 5:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Rite Aid had some super cute Fall decorations out when I was there this past week. That is what I equate with Thanksgiving decorations. I don't buy a lot of fall decorations because I already buy Halloween decorations which are up til November 1st, then on November 14th or 15th our Christmas decorations go out so that the house is all decked out for the holidays. But I do always have a fall centerpiece on the table, a small green basket filled with mini pumpkins and gourds and that kind of stuff.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 5:26 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• They do.
    All those harvest looking things the leaves and stuff that is Thanksgiving.
    It is the " Harvest season"
    I love those decorations Ihave them up now. I prefer them to the halloween ones.
    For halloween we have window clings up LOL.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• LOL!!! right? they sure don't! the one holiday that is actually good for something and its overlooked!
    chavela_carlita

Answer by chavela_carlita at 8:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have looked and looked for turkey themed dinnerware (my aunt has some that she said she got at Marshalls but I guess I missed them). I DO have all the fall stuff and some turkey decos but I know what you mean, it's pretty much just about the food as far as stores are concerned. But I love decorating w/turkeys and pilgrims though!
    momrocks1000

Answer by momrocks1000 at 8:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009