How many of you think that this healthcare bill will be passed?

Why or Why not?

It now, of course, includes the public option giving States the opportunity to opt out...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:01 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• It definitely will pass. Why, because we need it. What kind of public option it will have remains to be seen. And the more the Dems and Reps fight over it the worst the bill will become.
    Phase3

Answer by Phase3 at 5:15 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I think it will be a mistake for it to pass. More government intrusion...I imagine some version will pass - but my bet is that it will be extremely watered down...at least that is my hope.
    AngelaKay

Answer by AngelaKay at 5:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Phase3, I totally agree with you!

Answer by older at 5:30 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I just hope my state opts out!!!!!
    Anonymous

• I think something will be passed. They will sneak what they want in there somehow and the whole shebang will happen without anyone having read the damn bill again. A very bad thing for all Americans, Once again, you who want it as you wanted Obama will regret that you didn't see the light.
    The way they want to reform healthcare will not help do anything except raise our taxes and cut the quality of care within just a few years. Just has it has in MA, TN and CA
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 5:42 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• In its current incarnation? No. There's still a ton of work to be done.

Answer by gdiamante at 5:44 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I have to admit, I still am not sure what the hell this health bill contains. So many mixed msgs on tV depending who your listening to.
    zbee

Answer by zbee at 6:03 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I think it will pass and I think then we'll realize we don't want it. (I know I don't) Let me be very clear. I believe healthcare is a right but those of us with good insurance shouldn't have to give it up to provide for those who don't. Despite what the claims are I believe that's what will happen. Ultimately it will be cheaper for companies to pay the fines levied on them for not providing insurance to their employees. NExt we will all be on the public option.

Comparisons are being made to Medicare and the pay scale. Many doctors won't accept it because the payments are horrible. It's a disaster in the making and it scares me.
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 6:32 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• It will pass because liberals in DC are in control. We need reform, but not at this cost. Those who support the bill are wiling to blindly accept it because they believe something is better than nothing. They are the fools. They are naive and Dems in DC are expecting them to give them an open check and free reign to do as they wish. Very few liberal voters out there have specific expectations with specific cost limits. They can't be bothered with details. Most can't even explain how we, as a nation will pay for this massive bill. Democrats own it, but they do NOT even know what they own. Typical DC political games... So sorry for this nation that some are falling for it.

grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 6:40 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I don't. We are entering a round of special elections. They will lose their "magic 60" in Nov. The new bill Sen. Reid put out lost Sen. Olympia Snow's support. Even though Reid says that Americans want this in an overwhelming majority all of the polls show otherwise (he is being optimistic and never, ever admit defeat). (I say all polls. I mean all of the credible polls that have proven their unbiased form of polling.) Reid said, at some point recently, that the insurance industry was the single biggest money earner in the US. According to the Fortune 500 list, health insurance is #35 with a 2.2% profit margin. I'm not sure how the companies can operate with that small a margin. Then, Speaker Pelosi called the profits "immoral"!!!!! What!!!!!!!!! Will someone PLEASE vote her out - please.

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 6:48 PM on Oct. 26, 2009