1 year old and not eating

my daughter is1,she has 8 teeth,walk....but im more conecerned about feeding her,she does not eat at all she only drinks formula all the time,even when i stoped the bottle and tried to give her food she will refuse,plus im a bad cook PLEASE help me out what can i give her to eat something healthy and Really easy to do?thanks

tigernina

Asked by tigernina at 5:08 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Have you introduced her to solids, like Gerber stages 1,2,3? What of those flavors did she like? They don't just immediately start eating all food at once, at least ours didn't. We did things like salisbury steak, popcorn chicken cut small, mashed potatoes, green beans. etc. Start with 1-2 things that she likes and gradually increase her range by adding here and there. It usually takes 14 tries at something before she may eat it. They are bombarded by new tastes and textures, plus if she's at a point of teething, that will make a difference in her appetite.
    doodlebopfan

Answer by doodlebopfan at 8:47 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• If you haven't already, I would try introducing table foods. Mushable foods that your child can gum, pick up on their own, and investigate. I put my 1 yr old son in his highchair, give him a few different items, and let him choose what he wants to eat. He wasn't really hype on the pureed food, but he knew as well as I did that formula wasn't satisfying enough for him. He had a hard transition to table food as well, but now that is all he eats. Mainly because he can choose for himself what he wants to eat, play with it a little, and also he gets to feed himself. Your child may be searching for that independence and freedom that feeding themselves can give. Just place an array of easily mushable foods on her tray and let her go at it. She might just play at first, but that's an important step for her. You can also try eating the same foods next to her, to show her an example of how yummy that food is.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 AM on Oct. 27, 2009

• Frozen foods are fun to play with, and will get eaten, like peas, blueberries and corn. Chunks of avocado and tofu are loaded with great nutrition, and are fun to squish between little fingers.
    I have never met a toddler who wouldn't eat hummus (lots of calcium, protein, good fats and iron), you can mix it with a mashed egg.
    Offer cut fruits with yogurt dip, fresh veggies with hummus or salad dressing, cooked whole wheat pasta and veggies with marinara or peanut sauce or cheese sauce.

Answer by rkoloms at 4:21 PM on Oct. 27, 2009