How many moms here waited to find out the gender of their baby (ies)?

My husband and I have 2 children and both times we waited to find the gender, despite protests from family. Sure, it was hard to look at cute gender-specific items and not be able to buy them right off. But, there are so many cute non-gender specific items as well. We wanted to wait, there are not a lot of unexpected and nice surprises in the world as it is, so we wanted a nice surprise.

Any other moms wait to find out the gender? If so, did you wait only with the first one and then find out the next 2 or 3 (or more!) or did you wait with all of them?

Asked by seakla at 2:01 PM on Jun. 24, 2008 in General Parenting

• I didn't find out on any of mine and I have 3, we tried with the 3rd one, the tech was going to write it down and seal it because everyone wanted to know, but baby didn't want us to, always hid. It was a boy. Don't worry about everyone else, just go with what YOU want your mom and the "carrier"

Answer by L.R.I.Ma at 3:09 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I couldn't wait. I only have one and if I had the will power I would have... I am just an anxious person I quess lol

Answer by KatieFlower at 6:31 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• I found out with both of my first two but my last one we waited...we also did a webpage and a guessing game at the baby shower where the person who had the sex and closest to the weight at birth won a prize. :) No worries, we had those who had thier say about us waiting...guess we made it difficult for them to purchase items LOL

Answer by lilsweetredhead at 8:54 PM on Jun. 24, 2008

• Lol, if there is yellow. You can buy them right off!

Answer by yoshiki56 at 5:15 AM on Jul. 5, 2008

• Have you ever crossed your fingers and hoped that you would have specifically a baby boy or girl?

Well heres your chance to CHOOSE which gender your baby will be!

It's NOT impossible and even doctors admitted to this method's effectiveness.

The 3 easy steps of successful baby gender selection exposed and made ready to be used by any couple, no matter what country you live in or what medical condition you or your spouse may have.

Don't worry about taking medications or changing the way you live. This is completely natural and you are involved with many of the things that can affect baby gender everyday without even realizing it!

For more information, examples of gender affecting activities, and testimonials from real people just like you copy and paste the link below in the URL box:

Answer by Anonymous at 4:09 PM on Aug. 6, 2008