Was the Dallas Bomb Plot man a Christian?

Hosam Maher Smadi told the judge he studied English while attending a Baptist school in Jordan and understood some of what was said in court. Hosam was quiet, studious and sensitive to criticism, his teachers said. He liked to sing Christian hymns, occasionally wore a cross and recited Bible verses. His father said he could be unusually sensitive at times. “I remember there was a small insect on the floor, maybe an ant. We wanted to kill it, but Hosam said, ‘No, no! Jesus Christ created it,' ” Maher Smadi recalled.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:12 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• A lot of people present them self as Christians but in reality the devil, God didn't give power to man to kill another man but only to spread the word, so I don't see how in his right mind he thinks he is a Christian.

I know this is not the answer to your question I just need to vent.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:17 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Well I think we all assumed he was a Muslim, that is why I asked.
    Anonymous

• OMGosh! When are people going to understand that NOT ALL people that profess are actually Christians! It even says in the Bible Jesus says "depart from me ye worker of iniquity, I NEVER KNEW YOU!" In other words, someone that professes His name, but acts like a hoodlum (for lack of a better word) is NOT a true Christian.
    Anonymous

• So then can the same be said for Muslims then. If a Muslim did this like 9/11 then why wouldn't we say he wasn't a true Muslim?
    Anonymous

• Here's some logic for ya:

Screwed up individual, so I don't care if he was a Quaker.

Irrelevant.

Nothing in the Christian religion condones killing innocent people unless it is to SAVE innocent lives.
    Period.
    Common sense is called for here.
    mustbeGRACE

Answer by mustbeGRACE at 5:59 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• Nothing in the Christian religion condones killing innocent people

Neither does the Islamic religion yet people seem to make that assumption hmm...

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 6:11 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

True dat

Anonymous

• looks like he has an Islamic name.
    Anonymous

• I think someone needs to read the Quran before commenting on what it teaches.Slay the unbelievers wherever you find them(2:191)
    Make war on the infidels living in your neighboorhood (9:123)
    When opportunity arises, kill the infidels wherever you catch them (9:5)
    Kill the Jews and the Christians if they do not convert to Islam or refuse to pay Jizya tax (9:29)
    Any religion other than Islam is not acceptable (3:85)
    The Jews and the Christians are perverts; fight them (9:30)
    Maim and crucify the infidels if they criticise Islam. (5:33)
    The infidels are unclean; do not let them into a mosque (9:28)
    Punish the unbelievers with garments of fire, hooked iron rods, boiling water; melt their skin and bellies
    (22:19)
    Do not hanker for peace with the infidels; behead them when you catch them (47:4)
    The unbelievers are stupid; urge the Muslims to fight them (8:65)
    Muslims must not take the infidels as friends (3:28
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 6:34 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We can't say the same about a Muslim because then we'd have to admit that they really *aren't* all evil. Can't have that happening.
    shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 6:35 PM on Oct. 26, 2009