Do you say anything...a thank you atleast?

The other day I was walking into a shoe store with my dd as we approached the door there was this lady with her dd coming out towards the door too, so I quickly grabbed the door and pulled it open and she and her dd came out and walked away.

It really is no big deal but what would you have said to someone who opened the door for you, if this was done for you I mean she didn't say thank you. I just walked in and took care of what we came there for. Oh well some people... I swear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:16 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• UGH I know how you feel, it seems like people just don't have manners anymore, how hard is it to just simply say thank you. If someone opens the door to me I always say Thank you very much, it's polite and it makes the other person feel much better.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would have said thank you. I hate it when I open a door dor someone and they walk right through without a word. It's not like I do it just to get a thank you, I do it because I was taught manners, but at least say thank you! Also if I see someone coming behind me when I'm going through a door, I'll hold the door behind me so they can grab it, I hate it when a person goes through a door in front of me and lets it slam in my face.
    Anonymous

• I always say thanks or your welcome.
    kerri-

Answer by kerri- at 5:19 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• You definitely say thank you! How hard is that really?
    Blueliner

Answer by Blueliner at 5:21 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• i had a women yell at me for holding a door open for her and her twins (about 3 i think) once.. she called me a bitch (in front of my 3yr old dd) and said she didnt need my fucking help.. i was shocked.. who talks like that in public in front of small children.
    I have been very strong willed on making my daughter learn manners.. she knows yes ma'm no ma'm and ty no ty and ect.
    texas_robin82

Answer by texas_robin82 at 5:23 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• That's what I love about where I live, the deep south! Ha ha there is a popular question right calling it "harder." But, down here EVERYONE is friendly. I don't mean to sound racist, I just don't know a better way to put it, but the only time I've ever really had anyone not say thank you or anyone are the "ghetto" people.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 5:24 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• We always say thank you.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 5:29 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• lol....i know what you mean!....i always say thank you!....it's just the polite thing to do!!!
    bigblueeyes

Answer by bigblueeyes at 5:31 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• I would have said "thank you so much" and this post makes me think...what about when you let people cut in line in the car...they should wave as a way to say thanks...makes me so mad whenthey don't
    Anonymous

• I always say thank you, but most everyone I've ever held the door open for, especially since We moved here, has not. Sheesh, I still thank my Husband for opening doors for me..He does it when We go or leave somewhere in Our truck and with every door We come across - I will continue to thank Him for the rest of Our days! It's natural for me, yes, but it's good manners. Some folks just don't have any manners at all. Sad.
    ajtherad

Answer by ajtherad at 6:13 PM on Oct. 26, 2009