what do you think of H1N1??

the school is doing H1N1 soon and tryin to get some opinion on this and see the reaction and what decision to make cuz im overwhelm and dunno what to do pls help!

andaarsab123

Asked by andaarsab123 at 5:22 PM on Oct. 26, 2009 in Health

• wat do you mean they are doing h1n1? I suppose you mean giving the shot for it.....I feel its still too experimental however my pediatrician is all for it and i do trust her...My daughter went to the dr this moning and they said she most likely had h1n1 but they weren't flu testing anymore because the test is missing a lot....shes only 9 months old but so far she seems to be handling it fine just cranky and drowsy.
    JocelynsMama1

Answer by JocelynsMama1 at 5:25 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• http://www.nvic.org/Vaccines-and-Diseases/H1N1-SWINE-FLU.aspx

We're NOT doing it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:28 PM on Oct. 26, 2009

• As soon as our pediatrician's office gets the vaccines in, my kids are getting both. I'm not allowing them to get either in the school.
    Anonymous

• I'm a pediatric nurse. I would get it and I'd give it to my LO if I had a LO. I only have an 18 year old and he's afraid of shots, lol....I'm trying to get the nasal spray for him.
    I work in a daycare. The shot is the same type of shot as any other flu shot. It's made the same way. I bet that next year it will be part of the seasonal flu shot (which is generally made of 2 or 3 "expected" strains of virus). I would get it. Besides protecting your child, it helps the community because one less person is going to be spreading it around. Feel free to PM if you want.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 7:52 PM on Oct. 26, 2009